Talk

Advanced search

... and how essential is a shower anyway...

(16 Posts)
kif Tue 18-Aug-09 23:23:30

... with apologies for hogging this topic tonight

(ref: earlier thread about stuff up with getting a shower-compatible bath/taps)

Everyone in my family likes baths anyway.

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Tue 18-Aug-09 23:25:25

We could not live without our shower.

Sagacious Tue 18-Aug-09 23:26:46

A shower is an absolute must in our house.
I never feel clean in a bath.

muggglewump Tue 18-Aug-09 23:27:59

We never have baths.
My shower is just one of those things you attach to the taps and then mount on the wall as it's all I can afford but I'd never be without it.

rebl Wed 19-Aug-09 08:54:49

A shower is a must in our house as well.

MrsBadger Wed 19-Aug-09 09:05:51

we lived for a year in a hosue with no shower and because the bath was in the gable end (iyswim) there wasn't even a spray thing to stand under
we had a rubber hose spray attached to the taps like something from the 50s
we survived but it wasn't pleasant

when we moved into this house we immediately replanned to bathroom to include a separate shower cubicle

it is fab

Rubyrubyrubyrubi Wed 19-Aug-09 09:10:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

allaboutme Wed 19-Aug-09 09:16:00

imagine having 2 guests and then trying to get 6 people bathed and ready in the morning
think of the cost of all that water - and the time!!!
couldnt live in a house with no shower - and i love baths

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 19-Aug-09 09:17:25

showers here. Hate baths. And showers are quicker and use less water.
Not worried about guests. We rarely have guests but they've never showered!

muggglewump Wed 19-Aug-09 15:36:45

My shower attachment cost less than £10, and is really quite powerful with the combi boiler.
If we ever want a bath, we just use it to run the bath.
I don't like to take it off and off the taps as it wears out quicker, but I find they last a good year.

You can get ones with a height adjuster and I think the knob thing to switch from shower to taps for around £25.

Obviously I'd love a separate shower, but my bathroom is too small, I can't afford it and it's a rented house.

ABetaDad Wed 19-Aug-09 15:44:31

I would not buy/rent a house/flat without at least two showers. Have not had a bath n years. Quick and easy for the DSs to get a proper wash every day - very important for boys wink.

Laquitar Thu 20-Aug-09 07:52:59

Very essential here too. I remember when i first came in uk i was disapointed to find most houses had bath and no shower. (it was 20 years ago though).

noddyholder Thu 20-Aug-09 07:54:46

Baths waste a lot of water!Shower essential for really clean hair ime.You can get one fitted over bath if no room for seperate not too expensive

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 20-Aug-09 07:55:38

Essential!!!! I love to relax in a nice hot bubble bath (with a book!) but nothing gets you as clean as a shower!

Merle Thu 20-Aug-09 08:00:04

We had a shower put in 18 months ago and I wonder how we managed before. I've had one bath since then. I think that baths are more time consuming and I know that even in the mornings it was tempting to relax in them and then be in a mad rush later...Shower is downstairs so it has been good (again for the boys) to get them to go in for 2 minutes before bed, if they are particularly grubby. If it was just the bath I think it would be more of a palaver.

GrendelsMum Thu 20-Aug-09 11:13:39

Actually, showers don't necessarily use less water than a bath. People using power showers tend to use more water than people using baths - partly because they push so much water through, partly because people apparently also tend to spend longer in a power shower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now