Talk

Advanced search

Going crazy!!

(10 Posts)
HouseHunting Mon 17-Aug-09 14:52:53

We offered on a FAB house (needs everything doing to it) on Saturday morning, but the EA couldn't get hold of the Vendor so the offer was only presented to him at 9:30 this morning. We were told we would hear back this afternoon & so far nothing. Why does it have to take so long? The EA said he expected the offer would be rejected, but tbh so did we as there is no point making your best offer your first offer. I just want the Vendor to reject it so we can improve our offer. Ugh, it feels like the clock is ticking backwards rather than forwards sad

HouseHunting Mon 17-Aug-09 15:29:04

tapping my fingers on the kitchen table - come on Vendors!! wink

rebl Mon 17-Aug-09 17:38:22

I feel your pain but we're now in a position that is worse if that is posible! We have vendors who "don't know" how much they want and are sitting on our offer which is now a week old after having rejected it once. I think we're going to end up with all our stuff in storage and living in a tent because I can't see how our sale and purchase are going to be tied together now sad.

HouseHunting Mon 17-Aug-09 18:07:45

Oh no rebl so sorry to hear that & I hope the Vendors give you some indication of what they will accept. It is a horrible process, I fully empathise.

We finally heard something half an hour ago - Vendors have said that if we can go higher by £3k the house is ours IF nobody else offers as there are 2 viewings tonight that they wants to honour. My head is pounding I am so stressed.

rebl Mon 17-Aug-09 18:12:13

Oh my. I hope the people who view tonight hate it and you get good news tomorrow. Everything crossed for you.

I thought this was a buyers market so why the heck is it proving so hard to buy and so easy to sell?

HouseHunting Mon 17-Aug-09 18:14:49

Have the Vendors had any other offers at all? It is defo a buyers market around here.

rebl Mon 17-Aug-09 19:29:01

They have had 4 offers, all before christmas and the highest was £205 so we've already offered £10k higher than their highest offer. They've also had no viewings at all this year until us.

HouseHunting Mon 17-Aug-09 20:10:02

That sounds just crazy - have read your other thread now & hope the EA can get the house for you. GOOD LUCK )

rebl Mon 17-Aug-09 20:14:00

Good luck to you as well. Hopefully both of us will have an offer accepted by Friday. It would be nice to go into the weekend happy in the knowledge that we have a roof over our heads wouldn't it?

HouseHunting Mon 17-Aug-09 22:38:59

Absolutely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now