Talk

Advanced search

Made an offer

(11 Posts)
HouseHunting Sat 15-Aug-09 16:16:12

We made an offer on a house first thing this morning - the EA has just called me to say he can't get in touch with the Vendor who is not answering his mobile or home phone. Hmmm anyone else think this is suspicious? I want to give the EA the benefit of the doubt but I think he is wanting to wait until Monday to see if any of the people today offer. What do you think?

puffylovett Sat 15-Aug-09 18:18:19

Hmmm... could be suspicious. I, however, am rarely in and my mobile is buried at the bottom of my bag, usually - so it could be genuine ! Good luck..

Speckledeggy Sat 15-Aug-09 20:04:37

Not suspicious.

I hate the phone. I always forget to check 1571, forget to take my mobile with me and forget to check if I have messages.

Be patient. Even if there are other offers you will get it if it's the right house for you.

Good luck!

HouseHunting Sat 15-Aug-09 20:47:10

Thank you both - I feel it is the right house for us, even though it needs everything (gulp) doing to it. I just hope it is meant to be

LIZS Sat 15-Aug-09 20:49:53

Not at all, maybe they are out (wedding, visiting friends, shopping whatever) or away ? dh often forgets his or it runs out of puff.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Aug-09 20:51:44

Evenn if he was waiting til Monday he is doing the right thing by his client - it states they are obliged to pass on all offers - it doesn't actually stipulate that second wink

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Aug-09 20:52:11

oh and good luck smile

HouseHunting Sat 15-Aug-09 20:56:57

I am very impatient grin. When I spoke to the EA this morning to make the offer he said he was due to speak to the Vendor later this morning. Fingers crossed we get the house!!

rebl Sat 15-Aug-09 21:27:38

I should think its just its a Saturday in the summer and they were out. They'll get on top of it on Monday. Everything moves sooooooo slowly from now on!

NoseyHelen Sat 15-Aug-09 22:43:28

Our vendor failed to respond to the estate agent's messages for 7 days. I think he was trying to appear nonchalant and it was only when we said to EA that our offer would decrease if we signed an imminent rental contract that he suddenly returned the voice mail.

However, I wouldn't worry. He may have been out or wants to mull it over the weekend.

HouseHunting Sun 16-Aug-09 10:15:28

Thanks all. The EA did say that another party (who viewied yesterday) are very interested sad & I am presuming they will make an offer on Monday/early next week as properties around here are snapped up quickly. I am trying not to stress & thinking if it is meant to be our family home we will get it. taking deep breaths wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now