Talk

Advanced search

Fitting and buying blinds..

(5 Posts)
startingagain Sat 15-Aug-09 00:41:50

I need some new blinds I usually get those venetian ones, i need them as cheap as poss though! Anyone got any ideas??

Also, are they easy to fit? I have had a partner in the past to fit them and he moaned continuously!! I drastically need them though as mine are all bent and horrible!

kif Sat 15-Aug-09 01:54:31

Roman blinds tend to be cheap... i think you can even get them in big supermarkets. V easy to fit too.

startingagain Sun 16-Aug-09 10:33:04

Are they really easy to fit?? Sorry to go on....but would i need any particular tools..??

TaxiLady Sun 16-Aug-09 10:40:42

argos are good for blinds....but if you are hanging them inside the window recess check your measurements, as they can be buggers to trim to fit

usually you only need a screwdriver if you are attaching them to the wooden window frames
but you may need a drill if you are attaching them to a wall.

venetian blinds usually has some sort of a bracket to fix, then the blind clips into that.

Those roll up bamboo blinds are the easiest to fit, just two screws usually, but remember they are totally see through at night with the light behind them!!

startingagain Sun 16-Aug-09 22:39:08

Thanks taxilady thats really good advicesmile

Will check out Argos. I've actually got some venetian blinds up that have been up for ages so they should have a bracket then...i wonder if i just buy a new blind i could keep the same bracket up then and the blind would fit into that?? Suppose i will just have to try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now