Talk

Advanced search

So which firm actually makes Roman Blinds/Curtains for John Lewis/M&S etc?

(5 Posts)
movingnow Fri 14-Aug-09 21:05:41

So which firms actually make Roman Blinds/Curtains for John Lewis/M&S/Laura Ashley etc? The title says it all really, how do I get my Made to Measure blinds made up in JL/LA fabric but without paying a premium for the sewing bit (I'm struggling to find a local independent).

movingnow Sat 15-Aug-09 09:04:13

Bump, anyone?

icedgemsrock Mon 17-Aug-09 20:09:52

just get an independent curtain maker to make them for you.
... oh sorry just re- read. Have you asked all your friends for reccomendations - that's how i found my curtain/blind lady.

movingnow Mon 17-Aug-09 21:16:47

I got a quote from a local independent and the price for making up was more expensive then JL.......without the fabric! I now realise how much I used to rely on my Mother who was a whizz with a sewing machine, she must have save me a mint over the years (including my wedding dress!). OK, any roman blind makers out there in the SE?

GrendelsMum Tue 18-Aug-09 10:19:44

Our JL curtains were made up by a specific JL sewing team - I heard all about it from the JL curtain fitter whose wife is a JL sewer, and as a result they can never agree on any curtains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now