Talk

Advanced search

would you consider buying a house without a 'main' bathroom?

(5 Posts)
hatesponge Fri 14-Aug-09 12:15:42

Have just spotted a house up for sale near us, good area all beautfully refurbished.

The downside seems to be that there is no main bathroom. There is a downstairs shower room, and upstairs one of the bedrooms has an ensuite shower, another bedroom has an ensuite bathroom.

What do you think? Would this bother you? And do you think it would make the house difficult to sell?

I havent been to view yet so dont know if the layout can be changed but am guessing not as its all just been done by a developer.

Should add there are 4 bedrooms in all.

expatinscotland Fri 14-Aug-09 12:35:51

that wouldn't bother me at all. i'd rather that set up than one of those 4-bedrooms, 1 bath backwards houses with not enough loos.

Sheeta Fri 14-Aug-09 12:45:21

sounds OK to me - guests can use the downstairs bathroom, and the only people using the upstairs ones will be sleeping there

3 bathrooms to clean sounds like a bit of a pain though grin

suwoo Fri 14-Aug-09 12:50:00

Is there a toilet in the downstairs shower room? Otherwise guests would have to use your en suite. Thats got to be a no no surely?

ABetaDad Fri 14-Aug-09 13:15:52

Bathrooms and kitchens sell houses. What has hapened here is a 3 bed house has been bought and the old bathroom has been converted to a 4th bedroom by a small time developer by the sound of things and i snow being sold at tge pric eof a 4 bed house.

While there are 2 ensuites - what do the occupants of the other bedroms do if then need to use the loo/shower?

Definitley worth something - but in reality worth no more than a 3 bed house not worth what a a 4 bed is. Difficult to resell too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now