Talk

Advanced search

Paint colour discussion this way please....

(8 Posts)
LovelyDear Sun 09-Aug-09 22:28:35

The front of our 1930s mock tudor house and garage is being painted soon. The windows and walls are white, but I'm tempted to put a mild green on the garage door and the front door, eg farrow and ball cooking apple green. I've just striped decades of paint off the large garage door hinges, and they need a coat of hammerite. Should this be black (i don't think so), white (i reckon) or something else? Any other thoughts v welcome!

LovelyDear Sun 09-Aug-09 23:31:46

That'll be white then....

I have to say if I found a cooking apple that colour I'd chuck it in the bin because it would be mouldy wink - it is a nice colour though! What sort of garage door is it? Have you got pic or link to similar sort?

puffylovett Mon 10-Aug-09 10:11:17

I love that green colour with white, particularly if the garage and front door co-ordinate. Even nicer with cream.

Fayrazzled Mon 10-Aug-09 10:13:25

I have a big larder cupboard in my kitchen painted cooking apple green. The other units are lime white. I think you need an "off white" to coordinate rather than a "bright" white. Otherwise pointing from F&B is a good choice.

HerHonesty Mon 10-Aug-09 13:12:37

very nice coloru. not sure about hammerite, ring f and b and they might be able to help.

HerHonesty Mon 10-Aug-09 20:00:45

meant colour, obviously.

LovelyDear Mon 10-Aug-09 23:07:52

thanks. it's a wooden door, with windows, and big old original iron hinges with the maker's name and a crown symbol on them. The bog-standard white is non-negotiable, so the only choice i have is what colour to paint the doors whether to paint the hinges in something else. good idea to ring f & b. i might take a photo round to their shop and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now