Talk

Advanced search

DD's room - blank canvas - needs everything - what would you do?

(9 Posts)
oooggs Sat 08-Aug-09 20:47:06

dd is 2.4 (has 3 brothers) and her room is 11'5" (3.48m) x 12'5" (3.78m).

Just wondered what you would do. Feel free to have a fantasty choice and a more realistic one wink

msled Sat 08-Aug-09 21:18:16

In my new house in the little girl's room, I'm doing pretty Cabbages and Roses pink and green linen roman blind, pink walls (Dimity by F&B) white painted sleigh bed, white bedside table, white Ikea bookshelf, bit of bunting, chandelier, shelves on the wall for pretty things and Ladybird books, peg rail for dressing gown etc, white painted wardrobe, white painted floorboards, pink and white rug, vintage green painted chest of drawers. Baskets under the bed for storage, toy chest, dolls house. No theme, except in colour.

Mousey84 Sat 08-Aug-09 21:33:53

I'd do this I love it and since dds room was done recently (and is quite similar) Im hoping to use same theme in playroom...

Another thing I love is the massive stick on murals you can buy - jungle, fairies, princesses, space, under the sea Think they are amazing.

SecretNinjaChipmunk Sat 08-Aug-09 21:40:48

livingetc kids rooms gallery
some really nice ideas here to check out

oooggs Sat 08-Aug-09 21:51:19

fantastic so far grin

mousey - your 1st link doesn't work

Mousey84 Sun 09-Aug-09 13:28:12

oops - sort of works - need to click on the room thumbnail just below the rug!

sazm Sun 09-Aug-09 13:55:41

we have just moved and dd wanted a princess room,

we painted 2 walls BRIGHT pink,and papered the window wall and one other with disney princess paper (very pale pink) and she has a white fluffy carpet,
the 2 painted walls we have the disney princess wall stickers,
and her curtains are the same bright pink as the opposite walls,

i love her room, we decided on the white carpet as it will grow with her,better than a pink one!

Pannacotta Sun 09-Aug-09 20:58:31

How about simple colours on walls and floors and really bright accessories in bright colours, eg hot pink/apple green/turquoise?
Colourful rug, bedlinen, prints etc look great against white walls and exposed floorboards.
I like Miffy prints/pics for little girls rooms, sweet but not too pink and girly.

oooggs Fri 14-Aug-09 12:57:11

Right then thinking of seaside bedroom with two pink and two yellow walls, cream carpet and white ashley furniture.

Bed, waredrobe, bedside, desk, bookcase & chest of drawers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now