Talk

Advanced search

Where to move to...between Reigate and Brighton

(5 Posts)
turtle23 Sat 08-Aug-09 06:22:17

Things aren't going so great between me and DH. If we split I want to start somewhere new that's affordable, has great schools and is't a horrible distance from DH. It doesn't really matter where I am, would choose good school and being able to have a garden over accessability.
Anybody able to recommend somewhere to start looking? Have looked a bit at Copthorne, seen a nice place near Horley...don't know where to start!

essenceofSES Sat 08-Aug-09 07:30:23

Sorry to hear of your potential split.
Hope you don't need to but IMO, Copthorne is nice but not sure about nearest schools. Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath are quite nice too.
I live in Redhill and was working across East Sussex before having DS.

LIZS Sat 08-Aug-09 18:41:01

A lot of new houses are being built in Horley atm so deals to be had . Primary schools are generally ok around that area of Surrey but less so secondary. Horley/Crawley/ Burgess Hill are less pricey than many other areas. Copthorne not bad with good access to M23 or Maidenbower/Three Bridges perhaps.

scoutandjem Sat 08-Aug-09 19:38:23

I live In hove and was brought up in brighton. DH and I travelled world for seven months in 2000. Came home with conclusion that there is no where in the world we would rather live than Brighton and Hove!! S x

HolidaysQueen Sun 09-Aug-09 20:01:50

turtle - as you know, we've been looking down there quite extensively so know it reasonably well. If you want a town then Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath are good. Both on trainline into London and easy access to M23.

East Grinstead, Crawley and Horsham might all be good places to look at too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now