Talk

Advanced search

What could I use to plug this gap?

(5 Posts)
Linnet Wed 05-Aug-09 23:44:37

In my bathroom there is a gap between the rim of the bath and the bath panel, which is wooden tongue and groove type slats. In the winter a really cold draught comes through this gap.

Does anyone have any ideas what, if anything, I could plug this gap up with? I usually have towels hanging along the side of the bath to block the cold air coming through but would like a slightly more premanent solution if possible.

Thanks

MamaG Wed 05-Aug-09 23:49:09

Could you "no more nails" a thin strip of wood to it? How big is the gap?

I would seriously just cut a length of wood like this to size and glue it on with no more nails.

Linnet Wed 05-Aug-09 23:57:09

It's not a big enough gap to put a piece of wood like that on it. It's odd because it's slightly more open at one end then as you go along the bath it closes up. I guess it's because the bath is sloped to allow drainage and the wood is set straight with the floor so it hasn't matched up properly.

I was looking at it tonight and thinking, chewing gum would do it, but don't think that would be a good idea, lol.

caykon Thu 06-Aug-09 00:14:00

silicone sealent would do it plus its waterproof and would allow for any movement in the wood

MamaG Thu 06-Aug-09 08:41:39

Ah I thought you had a big gap! Yes silicone sealant would do the trick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now