Talk

Advanced search

Seeking good builder in Camden area

(4 Posts)
rura Tue 04-Aug-09 21:57:37

My partner and I have just bought a 2 bed flat in Camden in desperate need of a renovation. Can anyone recommend a builder/plumber who is reliable and doesn't charge the earth?

MinkyBorage Tue 04-Aug-09 21:59:15

r.f. peachey and co www.londononline.co.uk/profiles/133619/ are brilliant. Not too far from camden

TheWorstWitch Wed 05-Aug-09 19:50:17

We have a two bed in nearby Tufnell Park / Holloway and have used a very reliable plumber since 2001.
His name is Andy / Atlantic Plumbing: 07973 182 669 / 0208 361 3613
In the past, he has fitted two bathrooms for us, two new boilers and other bits and bobs, as well as doing landlord gas certificates on our buy-to-let. Very reliable, organised and is reasonable, but not cheap.

If it's more of a builder you're looking for. We can recommend Joe Hayes: 07956979772
Joe got rid of our downstairs loo to make a bigger kitchen, fitted our IKEA kitchen, and turned our upstairs landing into a study area, as well as re-shaping the hallway.
Again, he's very organised, reasonable but not dirt cheap.
We just loved the way Joe took charge and found him very reliable.
However, a friend of ours phoned him for a small job and he didn;t turn up!

Good luck with your works smile

rura Sun 09-Aug-09 11:42:38

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I've contacted Joe and he does seem very competent. I agree not dirt cheap, but he seems to know what he's doing. He has plumbers he uses already, I think.
I'll also give london profiles a whirl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now