Talk

Advanced search

Shutters

(5 Posts)
Mins Mon 03-Aug-09 18:20:15

Hi

Has anyone experience of dealing with any shutter companies? Had them installed or done it yourself? How expensive are they - in comparison to lets say wood venetian blinds? Pros and cons? Any info would be great - feeling overwhelmed with all mkts info on net need real advice from mumsnetter! Want to use them on box bay window in 30s semi and possibly on other windows in house.

Mins smile

HerHonesty Mon 03-Aug-09 19:28:04

v expensive compared to venetian wood blinds. i would say double the price at least. we have used shutters of distinction and shutterly fabulous and the latter were far far more professional than the former.

no cons in my opinion, other than the price, and if you ever need to change the window you are a bit shafted..

Mins Mon 03-Aug-09 23:20:18

HerHonesty - thanks for this. That price difference is a bit scary I must say! Might seem like a stupid question but what do you mean about if you ever need to change the window? One of the windows we are looking at doing would probably need to be replaced in a few years time - would we be able to reuse the shutters?

HerHonesty Tue 04-Aug-09 18:14:55

when they install them they usually build a frame which they sit in, or runners or something which they are anchored too. so if you want to install new windows, you would need them to come back remove frame and refit after your new windows have been installed.- i am hoping to god they will do this rather than charge you for a new set alltogether, as we will be doing the same as you next year (after realising how bloody cold our house is!).

they are expensive but worth it, mine are lovely.

Mins Tue 04-Aug-09 23:24:31

Herhonesty - that's useful to know - thanks again - will investigate further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now