Talk

Advanced search

My brain aches - can anyone help me think where to look for borders?

(7 Posts)
Sidge Fri 31-Jul-09 14:42:17

We are planning the redecoration of DD2s bedroom and she wants it red. As I'm not willing for her to have a completely red room grin we are going for cream and red.

So she will have cream walls, cream carpet, red duvet cover, curtains, accessories etc. The only thing I'm really stuck on is finding a red wall border - there is one on already and the wall underneath is slightly uneven as there used to be a dado rail there which was removed. As we don't want to put filler all the way round the room we thought we'd put another border up to cover it. But can I find a red one? Not unless I want Man U or Cars!

Does anyone know of anywhere online that sells nice borders and things? I have tried local DIY stores with no luck so am looking online now but can't find the right sort of thing.

Thanks in advance to anyone bored enough to get Googling smile

Sputnik Fri 31-Jul-09 14:47:09

Lots here, but erm, none of them are actually red. Is red compulsory?

Sputnik Fri 31-Jul-09 14:55:53

more or less red

SausageRocket Fri 31-Jul-09 14:56:53

Borders are ssooooooooooooooooooooooooooo naff though.

Sidge Fri 31-Jul-09 15:22:09

I know, I know, SausageRocket but it saves having to get the walls skimmed! She's only 5, she won't care how naff it is!

Thanks Sputnik, the second one is along the right lines. I was hoping for something really simple like a red gingham effect but can I find it, noooooo.

SausageRocket Fri 31-Jul-09 15:35:53

Red

stripes200 Fri 31-Jul-09 15:59:40

This one has red it in. I like this one, it's cute without being sickly.

There are a few on ebay(most pretty ghastly) but IMO this is the one best suited to a 5 year old DD.

Have you checked out Laura Ashley and Cath Kidston? They both might have a plain gingham one.

You could always attempt to make your own with a stamp and some lining paper?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now