Talk

Advanced search

Need to paint my digital piano - it is soooooo ugly! Any tips as to how the heck I do it?

(5 Posts)
loomer Wed 29-Jul-09 20:47:02

After living with/turning a blind eye to my Clavinova and the sheer aesthetic distress that it causes me every time I see it, I have decided that it is now time to Take Action. I need to improve it without obviously compromising the sound or the actual workings of it, so I'm thinking a good paint job would be a start...

...the cabinet is mostly made of that nasty black formica type stuff that abounded in eighties 'black ash' furniture, do you think I could sand it lightly and paint it? Or will I end up with a god-awful bodge job mess on my hands?

I feel sure that somebody somewhere must have attempted something similar, but Google says no.

southeastastra Wed 29-Jul-09 20:55:09

do you play it alot? grin

can't you just stick some stars on it to liven it up?

loomer Wed 29-Jul-09 21:02:10

Yeah, I play it quite a bit, but it's currently in my DDs bedroom, which means I can't play it in the evenings (when I would be most likely to practise).

However, we're about to move house, and in the new place I'd like to have it in the living room - but the thought of having to look at its great hulking black mass next to my terribly tasteful farrow and ball colour scheme is very upsetting. Covering it in stars will only work if they are very tastful stars.

loomer Wed 29-Jul-09 21:04:44

Having said that, I'm quite up for doing something slightly quirky with it. But only if I can really pull off the quirkiness in a style which Kirsty Allsop would approve of.

southeastastra Thu 30-Jul-09 16:51:16

bump again for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now