Talk

Advanced search

Where to look for fabric?

(11 Posts)
DrEvil Wed 29-Jul-09 18:40:58

I'm in the process of decorating our small spare room and would like to have a small blind made for the window.

The room is painted apple white so I was thinking maybe a bit of a pink/green thing going on (I have 2 ds so am bored of blue).

Cath Kidston is a bit too girly and I haven't seen anything I like in Laura Ashley, I do like Amy Butler style fabric but am bamboozled by choice ATM.

HeadFairy Wed 29-Jul-09 18:43:17

Where are you? Peter Jones in London has a great fabric dept... if you're not anywhere near London do you have a haberdashery dept in a big dept store? I find these kind of places have more variety.

DrEvil Wed 29-Jul-09 19:11:48

I'm near Portsmouth so could go to the JL in Southampton; I was just hoping to be able to order online as I'm not sure I can face the big shopping centre with 2 toddlers in the summer hols!

It has to be done by 18th Aug as that's when we'll first need it.

BodenGroupie Wed 29-Jul-09 19:19:08

How could you possibly go to JL in Soton and not cross the road to Ikea?? grin They've got some nice Ian Mankin style fabric for about £6 a metre - I keep buying it cos one day I'll make lots of stuff (major fabric obsessive)

PrefetParfait Wed 29-Jul-09 19:20:08

I would have said JL, Dunhelm Mill (bigger stores) or Ikea...

HerHonesty Wed 29-Jul-09 20:05:53

ian mankin is online but as bg says ikea does some similar stuff

www.dormyhouse.com have some nice material too.

Pannacotta Wed 29-Jul-09 20:11:10

There are some lovely fabrics on here
www.naturalcurtaincompany.co.uk/?gclid=CL3j343P-5sCFUQA4wod7Arw-A

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 29-Jul-09 20:17:45

What type of blind do you want?

Google, for example "Roman Blinds" and you'll find loads of companies that make them very reasonably and most will send you fabric samples to help you decide.

Sputnik Thu 30-Jul-09 16:48:29

Some nice fabrics here, especially the Marimekko ones.

DrEvil Thu 30-Jul-09 16:55:52

love the suggestions - now to decide!

BG: I do love a bimble around JL and Ikea, it's just that summer holidays make it too busy and my boys are not patient in the haberdashery dept.

BodenGroupie Thu 30-Jul-09 23:12:21

I go in the evenings, but unfortunately my DDs are of the age where they think their bedrooms need refurnishing every week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now