Talk

Advanced search

is £350 for a corner tv cabinet too much?

(7 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 28-Jul-09 21:16:04

We have an average sized front room, and have just removed the fireplace and put in a nice feature nothing! We are repainting everything light and all woodwork will be white and going for ultra modern, with a dark red/black sofa and red rug on wooden floors.

We have found a white computer cabinet, will be having floating white shelves in the recess.

We have struggled for years to find any kind of corner cabinet for the tv. The space is awkward as it is relatively small so a normal tv cabinet does not fit, and I really dislike wooden ones, on account of us for years having lots of mismatched wood, so now we are only having wooden floors and possibly wooden feature surround, but maybe that will be white too.

I have found, for the first time in many many years 'the perfect' white corner unit. It is £350 which is far more than I thought it would be, but its perfect, fits the space well, has enough shelves for xbox, dvd player, sky box etc.

Too much? Should I just make do with the shite black thing we still have which is very old and keep looking?

caykon Wed 29-Jul-09 12:25:29

If I could find nothing else and it would finish the room, then I would go for it.

isheisnthe Wed 29-Jul-09 13:14:41

any chance of a link - I am in the exact same posistion and can not find anything!

janeite Wed 29-Jul-09 13:17:26

If it's perfect then yes, it's okay. We paid nearly 250 for ours years ago but the fact of the matter is, it's something that you will use everyday (and be looking at every day) for at least ten years I guess, so it might as well be one you like.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 30-Jul-09 18:12:38

I will find a link. It is as close to perfect as we have found, but we have found cheaper too, but not wood, but glass instead.

I will try to dig out links for both sites.

goldenpeach Thu 30-Jul-09 19:13:59

ikea does a silver unit, which is quite cheap and fits in a corner at an angle although rectangular, goes well with a silver tv and can take the weight of our heavy tv. Not sure it'd work for you...

I think it's cheaper to have it made at that price!

bettyjack Sun 02-Aug-09 21:06:02

If you were to get a bespoke cabinet done by a carpenter you are looking at about £350, so I would say it is on the money and you have the plus of taking it with you when you move, if you move.

Source -

My husband is a carpenter
www.pmccarpentry.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now