Talk

Advanced search

Cream kitchen, Black oven, Silver hood?

(16 Posts)
frimblypoo Tue 28-Jul-09 20:08:24

Chosen new cream, rusticky tongue and groove kitchen. The built in oven spec that I want happens to be black so have chosen black hob.
Would a silver hood look really rubbish?
Or shall I find silver built in oven but but have as good spec as I wanted?
Arrrggg.

frimblypoo Tue 28-Jul-09 20:08:53

sorry - but not have good spec

CybilLiberty Tue 28-Jul-09 20:10:42

have a silver oven. A black oven with tongue and groove won't look right IMO. What work top are you having?

frimblypoo Tue 28-Jul-09 20:13:03

beechy.
Black will look rubbish won't it?
Thank you for telling me that!

CybilLiberty Tue 28-Jul-09 20:14:11

Yes silver will work better. It sounds like you are going for a shaker style, in which case black is a no no.

treedelivery Tue 28-Jul-09 20:15:33

We have cream kitchen , oak tops and black oven and hood. The oven is cottagey [a bit] and from Ikea and it looks ace. I worried a bit as silver is so much more normal, but it really works and looks the business.

frimblypoo Tue 28-Jul-09 20:15:55

thank you. I knew someone would have better taste than me. I need telling you know. Right off to peruse the catalogues AGAIN!

frimblypoo Tue 28-Jul-09 20:18:15

oh no tree now you've put a spanner in the works.
I need more show rooms...

treedelivery Tue 28-Jul-09 20:18:43

In fact our kitchen can be seen on the Ikea website - we couldn't afford the one we really wanted from Magnet or ideal utopia - a cabinet maker, but are really happy with this country style which I shabby chic up. I think colour works on the oven as an aga is usually coloured, so the overall idea is there.

treedelivery Tue 28-Jul-09 20:21:38

grin

Ours is lindigo [or something]

The hob is silver but with havy chunkt black iron pan supports, so that works too.

Happy planning!!!

soontobegran Tue 28-Jul-09 20:26:28

We had a new kitchen last year-cream shaker units, black built in double oven , black ceramic hob and stainless steel chimney hood. Tall fridge/freezer is also stainless steel. Worktops are shiny black granite. All appliances are the same make so the stainless steel handles on the cooker match the cooker hood etc and although I say it myself it all looks fabulous. Big benefit of black cooker is lack of finger marks. E cloth in constant use on the fridge/freezer.

treedelivery Tue 28-Jul-09 20:44:34

Put a pic on profile from New Years Eve smile The table isn't normally there, but we wanted the dining area for a dance floor grin Hope you get the idea and don't think it's pants but at least if you do you know to go silver grin

makedoandmend Tue 28-Jul-09 20:48:19

ooh black, cream and silver - beautiful, classy art deco colours!

Go with the black grin

frimblypoo Wed 29-Jul-09 18:34:31

thank you tree I just saw your pic. I am looking for black hoods now, I hadn't seen one in a shop!
thank you everyone

treedelivery Wed 29-Jul-09 19:35:01

Ikea wink made by whirpool, so rather cheap and cheerful if you have a 30k budget, Excellent if you have 1k, like we did grin

navyeyelasH Wed 29-Jul-09 19:37:45

I think it depends on the style of the oven - is it ultra modren or a bit againspired/cottage feeling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now