Talk

Advanced search

Can I nosily find out

(6 Posts)
frisbyrat Tue 28-Jul-09 15:07:09

how much someone else's house sold for? We are trying to move, and have found a pretty perfect place which is a 1930's semi. I chatted to the guy who lives in the other side of the building, and found out, among other things, that he bought it last month, but he ignored my extremely tactful grin hint to tell me how much he paid.
I suspect the house we're interested in is on the market for a bit too much, but it's a slow moving area and I can't find out much. Can anyone help?
<desperate>

Indith Tue 28-Jul-09 15:08:52

there are website that show prices, my property spy springs to mind, there are others, just googfle house prices and you'll find them.

LIZS Tue 28-Jul-09 15:10:47

It can take about 6 weeks after purchase to be registered on the Land Registry so you might have to wait for that but you can pay to download the details once it is. nethouseprices is a site updated a few months in arrears from the Land Registry.

esselle Tue 28-Jul-09 15:13:21

Good site

Has loads of other info too.

Tortington Tue 28-Jul-09 15:16:41

google thename of the street and 'house prices' and you will get numerous good sites

mouseprice.com is one

frisbyrat Tue 28-Jul-09 15:32:13

Thank you, everyone! Will try all these ideas...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now