Talk

Advanced search

How much do removal companies charge?

(6 Posts)
NoseyHelen Mon 27-Jul-09 18:02:57

We have a 4 bedroom house and are moving c.4 miles, so how much would it cost?

How much extra do you pay for them to pack and unpack for you?

HerHonesty Mon 27-Jul-09 18:06:07

we moved three beds to three beds emptying out loft, garden shed, home office and it was 750 for packing and unpacking. moved erm...1 mile.. poss less (in my defence i was heavily pregnant)

fruitstick Mon 27-Jul-09 18:30:00

as honesty but we were moving 100 miles and it wa £900

packing bit was £250 and it was the best money I have ever spent ever!

I had 6 week old baby but even if I hadn't ......

morleylass Mon 27-Jul-09 18:41:22

We had a 3 bed house and moved 100 miles, the removal company did all the packing for us. Unfortunately as our move was all last minute we had to go with the most expensive as they were the only ones available...it cost over £2000 shock
But we had no choice, the cheapest I think was about £1700 and this was 3 years ago

NoseyHelen Mon 27-Jul-09 22:56:05

gosh, what a range - think I'll have to start getting quotes but we have an unusual arrangement with our completion date so not sure exactly when we are moving.

On this busineess of them pacing/unpacking - do you just leave your house as it normally is and they pack it all up - and how do they know how/where to unpack?

whyme2 Mon 27-Jul-09 23:14:59

We paid £450 and they provided the boxes and we moved 40 miles. Shop around def.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now