Talk

Advanced search

Fired Earth tiles - has anyone used other (ie not their brand) adhesives/grouting with them???

(5 Posts)
spicemonster Mon 27-Jul-09 16:49:46

I'm boring myself now. I decided to buy some cripplingly expensive beautiful tiles from Fired Earth to tile my bathroom and have paid through the nose for their sealant because I figured that if I used someone else's I would have no comeback if it discoloured the tiles or flaked or something. I have now talked to them about adhesive and grouting and apparently it is going to cost £££ - basically as much as the tiles cost! They're not going to fall off the walls if I use an alternative are they? Anyone got any horror or success stories they'd like to share?

scaryteacher Mon 27-Jul-09 17:46:31

My Fired Earth tiles aren't done with their sealant (kitchen) and are fine, and have been so for 8 years.

spicemonster Mon 27-Jul-09 17:51:27

Thanks - that's very useful. Presumably you didn't use their grout or adhesive either? I have already bought the sealant (although I can return it)

kitsmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 19:28:06

We've got FE tiles around bath, basin, in shower and in kitchen, none of them done with FE grout etc, all perfectly fine

GrendelsMum Thu 30-Jul-09 12:48:17

so what sort of adhesive, sealant and grout did people use instead? Does it matter?

I thought I might go with their sealant and skimp on the others. Of course, I might just do a test patch of sealant and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now