Talk

Advanced search

quick question: leaving our flat - holes in walls

(8 Posts)
vannah Sun 26-Jul-09 22:22:56

we are completing tomorrow (we finally sold our flat to the sods who gazundered us and left us 10k short)
Now, I promised myself not to trash the place/ play tricks etc. But am certainly not cleaning it before i go (when you pack everything away you realise the place is very dirty), but there are holes in the walls from our many painting hooks/shelves etc

are we obliged to 'fill them in' - polyfil? etc

thankyou

whomovedmychocolate Mon 27-Jul-09 08:45:48

Are they likely to replaster/redecorate anyway? If so I wouldn't bother. Obviously any big holes you should but fair wear and tear is expected. I spent ages replastering a wall after the removals firm bashed a wall on the way out only to find the new owner then removed that wall a week later angry.

goldenpeach Wed 29-Jul-09 17:26:58

You are supposed to make good, check your contract.

HeadFairy Wed 29-Jul-09 17:30:40

If you do, please make sure you do a really terrible job! Our buyer has totall messed us about so I'm planning on taking every lightbulb with us.....

...which of course I won't really do, far too chicken!!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 17:32:33

You should fill them in.

Do the right thing or else you are as bad as them imho.

LIZS Wed 29-Jul-09 17:36:05

See how you are for time. The odd hook/screw hole isn't a big deal. We meant to replace light fittings but in the end ran out of time on the day so left it till last but by then the packers had packed them ! Did a quick hoover and mop though.

sparkybabe Wed 29-Jul-09 17:39:47

Don't bother. I know most people clean and hoover everywhere, but the new movers-in will prob do this anyway. Holes in walls, so long as not enormous, are not a prob - after all what will they do? Run after you demanding the polyfilla?

MrMayoNessie Fri 31-Jul-09 23:45:38

I agree with whomovedmychocolate, even in filling them in its likely that there will still be an outline of your picture/mirror, even in a NSmking house. They will prob fill and paint. Leave the picture hooks or nails in and let them try and sort their picture/mirror frames out to what you had!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now