Advanced search

general diy help needed

(5 Posts)
appletiser Fri 24-Jul-09 21:39:10

just moved into new house, need some help to put up curtain poles, shelves etc etc....who do i ring?a joiner?

LIZS Sat 25-Jul-09 10:35:50

You'll probabaly find a general diy-er under Property Maintenace - maybe ask a neighbour for a recommendation

somewhathorrified Sat 25-Jul-09 10:46:25

if you can't do it yourself (which there's no reason you can't), phone a local handyman. Look in your local paper, there's loads normally.

appletiser Sun 26-Jul-09 22:39:37

i would under normal circumstance be able to do it myself but im 4wks post c-section and as its a new build house there is nothing in it already to make do with for the time being - husband is not the diy type

ABetaDad Sun 26-Jul-09 22:45:56

appeltiser - curtains/blinds shops will put up curtain poles and blinds for you if you buy them from there.

Shelving, you could buy free standing shelving units or you can buy easy to fit brackets and shelves from B&Q or Homebase which DH could fit?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: