Talk

Advanced search

What is the most outrageous thing a home improvement company has said to you?

(7 Posts)
LovingtheSilverFox Fri 24-Jul-09 16:22:06

Because my double glazing company has just suggested that it is perfectly reasonable to have my front door locked from the inside for two weeks (they couldn't possibly repair it sooner, oh no), as I have rear access.

I pointed out I have a 3yo, and DTs of 7 months, and althought there is rear access, the company has no idea whether it is a)usable or b)secure (which it isn't. If I go out through my back gate I can't lock it from the outside, leaving my garden vunerable).

Was just wondering if anyone else had a story they would like to share with the group......

LovingtheSilverFox Fri 24-Jul-09 16:48:29

Just me then. Maybe I am being unreasonable.....

goldenpeach Fri 24-Jul-09 21:12:53

that they fitted quality doubleglazing. I'm talking about major national company and they had to come back and redo the job because it was dire as there was a bit missing at the top and the elements came in. Then the door got stuck! It's lovely when you buy something new and then you call them out to fix this, fix that...

LovingtheSilverFox Fri 24-Jul-09 22:15:13

Tell me about it, we had this exact situation, when we had to get them put three times to sort out a problem with our back door because the surveyor had mucked up.

I wonder why anyone has anything done to their houses ever!

shinyhappypeople Fri 24-Jul-09 22:58:02

during the planning stage of new kitchen, dp and I were wondering if we should have the kitchen put in to the dining room and the current kitchen to use as utility room (its only small). kitchen guy suggested we have the kitchen in the dining room, but without the sink and have the kitchen sink in the utility room???? He was asked nicely to leave the house.

LovingtheSilverFox Sat 25-Jul-09 00:22:28

Erm...was he normal?? No sink?

Granny23 Sat 25-Jul-09 00:37:01

DD got really pissed off with canvassers on the phone wanting her to have a conservatory, especially when one told her she could have a special price as they were about to install one at her next door neighbour's and would be 'on-site' so to speak. So she graciously invited them to come round to measure up, which they did, to her fourth floor flat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now