Talk

Advanced search

Is there a website to find out what price a property actually sold for ?

(12 Posts)
TheWorstWitch Fri 24-Jul-09 13:40:30

Am in process of extending the lease on our flat and freedolder's surveyor valued our 1-bed flat for £275,000 with 'virtual freehold' and £249,500 with existing 74 year lease!!!
Need to get some evidence that it is no way worth this much and would much rather go by price property sold for as this would be lower than what it was marketed for.

mumonthenet Fri 24-Jul-09 13:44:06

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/

this one is good, though note it doesn't always show all recent sales. Not sure why this is.

Haribosmummy Fri 24-Jul-09 13:44:14

Try Houseprice.co.uk

That would be my first port of call and it's free.

TheWorstWitch Fri 24-Jul-09 14:22:34

Thank you.
Just been on it and it just gives address of property.
Is there a website which lists type of property (ie no. of bedrooms) and length of lease when sold?

lalalonglegs Fri 24-Jul-09 14:38:42

No, but if you go to lease-advice.org, they have a database of all the LVT decisions and you may be able to find one that is similar to your property or a surveyor/valuer who has represented several clients locally and may be able to help you.

TheWorstWitch Fri 24-Jul-09 14:58:51

Thanks Lala, hoped you'd come along.
Thing is, freeholder and ourselves aren't in dispute. We're just astonished that the flat could be worth this much when property prices are meant to have fallen.
Freeholder is perfectly willing to meet us halfway if the property has been overvalued.

Just been on rightmove.co.uk and a 1 bed round the corner, marketed at £275,000 is actually under offer. I'm gobsmacked!

Fizzylemonade Fri 24-Jul-09 15:18:58

I'd be surprised if it sold for £275k as stamp duty threshold is £250k. Has to be amazing to make someone spend over £250k!

I like ourproperty.co.uk for houseprices as they email me the most recent sales in my area grin

HerHonesty Fri 24-Jul-09 16:12:51

tbh the freeholder will just downwards value by the same percentage. eg with extendeded lease 250 without 200 or whatever the current differential is.

HerHonesty Fri 24-Jul-09 16:15:18

land registry will give you all prices with a six week delay ,sorry forgot to say.

CurryMaid Fri 24-Jul-09 16:18:45

Rightmove has this, you need to register but once you've done that there's a section called house prices and you can search in there.

CurryMaid Fri 24-Jul-09 16:19:33

Doesn;t give bedrroms but does give house type and lease.

pofacedandproud Fri 24-Jul-09 16:22:06

www.zoopla.co.uk has sold house prices and current house values. I use it quite a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now