Talk

Advanced search

Buying/Selling a house

(5 Posts)
DLI Thu 23-Jul-09 21:21:39

I have only bought two houses in my life, the first we rented out as we moved out of the area where we lived and we rented. We sold our house and then bought the house we are in now. We are thinking of moving again and just wondered whether to put our's up for sale first before we start looking? I don't want to find a house and then can't buy it because can't sell mine and I don't want to be in the position of selling mine and having nowhere to live!

What has everyone else done?

OrphanAnnie Thu 23-Jul-09 22:07:57

Sell yours first, you need to know what price you'll be offered before you can start haggling with the --unrealistic greedy gits-- vendors of the house you'll want to buy.

PestoSchoolsOutMonster Thu 23-Jul-09 22:13:27

Get a buyer for yours first.

feedthegoat Thu 23-Jul-09 22:16:06

We sold before we even started viewing. You can't really buy until you have sold (I would never take my property off the market for someone who hadn't sold) so you risk being disappointed.

woodenchair Thu 23-Jul-09 22:42:35

In the current market you should probably sell before you put an offer in on anything. Like you say, you could easily lose a house because yours won't sell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now