Talk

Advanced search

Do I *need* thermostatic bath/shower mixer taps?!?!

(9 Posts)
lowlandlady Wed 22-Jul-09 13:30:11

Dh thinks I've gone mad - he says we don't need thermostatic at all.

do house buyers ask if the shower is thermostatic?

Is it the norm now?

SetSquare Wed 22-Jul-09 13:32:17

might be the norm but oyu dont need them

lowlandlady Wed 22-Jul-09 13:34:19

we just have to be extra careful when aged inlaws shower I guess?

It wouldn't stop someone buying our house would it?

CarGirl Wed 22-Jul-09 13:36:01

if you were planning to use it then I would but if you are doing up to sell on soon I wouldn't bother. if it's your main shower it stops you getting scalded when someone uses water elsewhere in the house.

navyeyelasH Wed 22-Jul-09 13:49:42

we have them and tbh I think they are pretty good. But we will be living here for a while and we got the taps free with our bathroom (from bathstore.com)

HerHonesty Wed 22-Jul-09 14:27:06

no not the norm but annoying if you are used to them and you move somewhere without them ( i can imagine!)

lowlandlady Wed 22-Jul-09 17:12:13

thanks! I think I'm going to go for them, we may be here longer than we think and it will totally irritate me now that I think I need them!!

blithedance Wed 22-Jul-09 21:21:27

I have this Mira set lined up for when we re-do our bathroom - thermostatic and really good quality.

We don't have a thermostatic shower at the moment and it is both dangerous and a PITA

chunglimum Wed 22-Jul-09 21:34:17

Yes, yes. Just makes life a little bit simpler and safer for us and dd. When we go away I can't wait to get back to my shower!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now