Talk

Advanced search

property priced at 55k

(7 Posts)
Tortington Tue 21-Jul-09 15:37:25

just wildly speculating about a buy to let - if a property was 55k (yes thats right up north) would it be wildy pants to offer 39?

will the estate agents slap me?

HolidaysQueen Tue 21-Jul-09 15:39:32

probably and probably. but if it has been on the market for ages etc. then cheeky offer may just work (although I reckon a cheeky offer on 55k might be much closer to 50k, and at the very least have a 4 at the start!)

jenniferturkington Tue 21-Jul-09 15:42:08

well we recently offered 70k less than the asking price on a house (as a percentage of the value it was also a lot incase you were thinking the house could be worth millions!) and had it accepted! The estate agent has to pass on any offer so go for it I reckon. Good luck!

Tortington Tue 21-Jul-09 17:53:42

cheers!

jeanjeannie Tue 21-Jul-09 21:13:34

I'm watching with interest as I'm looking (up north) at a buy to let too....I'm all for slapable offers!

biffandchip Tue 21-Jul-09 23:22:44

Remember tho' that if a house is up for £55k and the locals aren't buying it there must be something seriously wrong with the area. It happens all the time, Landlords from 'down south' think they are getting a bargain and end up in the worst areas and either get the property wrecked/druggies move in and the landlord gets hassle from the local council/police/ASBU. Have seen it happen too many times!

HerHonesty Wed 22-Jul-09 14:28:08

well just try. you never know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now