Talk

Advanced search

Dilemma -we cant seem to make a decision so I am asking for your opinions please!

(8 Posts)
VinoEsmeralda Mon 20-Jul-09 20:06:01

House 1: 5 (double) bedroom modern house with double garage and okayish garden not in catchment for preferred secondary school, 4 mile drive (5-10 minutes) to primary school (kids starting September) and in a small town with all amenities.

This is all we are looking for in a house but technically in the wrong place

House 2: 5 bed (2 double), no garage but off road parking, large back garden in preferred catchment for secondary school plus short cycle to primary school.Small friendly village with hardly any amenities.

House will do but not a house to be proud off IYSWIM but will make things easier plus like the idea of being part of village life.

More
Eldest will be starting Y1 in September, house 2 is £160K less, have funds to buy investment property and would live there to make sure they will get in secondary school and/or would be looking all the time to find the right house within the village.

What would you do? I keep changing my mind!!!

blowbroth Mon 20-Jul-09 20:25:28

I wish I had the same dilema!

rubyslippers Mon 20-Jul-09 20:26:49

house 2

Metatron Mon 20-Jul-09 20:29:05

number 2

FurryFox Mon 20-Jul-09 20:32:24

I think I would go for house 2.

VinoEsmeralda Mon 20-Jul-09 20:41:49

thanks, I tend to go for house 2 too (easy live) but DH prefers house 1 and as he is the SAHD I think he should have a larger say in where he lives.House 1 is a really nice house and even I would be house proud (in the cleaning kind of way)

Blowbroth - I am so aware of this, it is a very priviliged dilemma to have blush

goldenpeach Mon 20-Jul-09 20:49:44

Really hard. I don't drive and house 1 is what I'd like spacewise but then you have the school run by car!

House 2 no driving to school but you need to drive or rely on public transport for amenities.

Tough, but experiencewise, I wouldn't relish being away from shops/library, etc.

VinoEsmeralda Tue 21-Jul-09 22:16:33

Thank you Goldenpeach, still undecided but tending to go for house 1 today! Purely on the basis that we never have had the house we wanted and now we can. We will revaluate nearer enrollment for secondary and then see were it takes us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now