Talk

Advanced search

Ugly shower curtain! Help me replace!

(7 Posts)
onelittletreasure Fri 17-Jul-09 05:19:14

We are about to move into rented accommodation for 2 years. DH has been to see it and it sent video. Oh, to be a glass-half-full person! Couldn't help look at the horrible plastic shower curtain (RRP 49p?!) and decided in a snap it needs replacing.

Not able to put up screens etc unless can be taken down without trace when we move out in 2 years time.

Ideally want sth hygienic but also a bit nicer to look at! Carpets throughout house are quite a deep blue. Not sure of floor covering in bathroom but hope to God not carpet too!!

mrsmaidamess Fri 17-Jul-09 07:20:41

There are loads of funky shower curtains around. You've just got to make sure you wash it regularly so it doesn't get manky like the one you are inheriting

HerHonesty Fri 17-Jul-09 10:02:59

why dont you offer to leave the screen for y your landlord. it will make bathroom look nicer in anycase. sorry but shower curtains are truly manky things...

onelittletreasure Sat 18-Jul-09 16:56:17

Agree, I loathe them. Sadly as this property technically rented by DH's employer, you can imagine the offialdom involved so putting up a screen is simply not an option as there is a big check list on moving in and moving out (weary).

fatjac Sat 18-Jul-09 19:20:07

If you google hotel quality shower curtain you should find something more suitable. I have a nice (well as nice as a shower curtain can be) material one but you do have to wash it regularly.

Greatfun Sat 18-Jul-09 20:31:00

Look on the anthropologie website. They have lots of shabby chic type things that may not be your thing but I love it. They are expensive but you can take it with you.

onelittletreasure Sun 19-Jul-09 17:36:05

Great ideas I hadn't thought of- thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now