Talk

Advanced search

Key worker scheme just told me funding has gone [sad]

(9 Posts)
saramoon Wed 15-Jul-09 17:44:39

Feel so depressed, we applied to Ownhomes last October and were accepted to be able to buy a house. Have been saving up for the fees - solictors, survery etc and got a letter today saying all funding in our area, the south west, had been allocated and that there will be no more.
Have looked at another that is through the governnment and one of the estate agents here and the funding is finished there too.

Now we will NEVER be able to buy. We have no deposit as can't save much each month. Any ideas? I know I am probably just having a moan but this was the only chance of us buying and now it just seems impossible. sad sad

JackiePaper Wed 15-Jul-09 19:19:23

oh no that is poo

we are on the ownhome scheme but just can't find anything to buy. i wonder if there is still funding available around here...

can you not just re-apply next year?

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 15-Jul-09 19:22:00

Hmmm -- could you read the small print? Seems that if you were accepted on the scheme, maybe there's hope?

Could you raise the issue with your MP?

kalo12 Wed 15-Jul-09 19:24:26

oh i was going to apply for this in the south west too. does it mean the funding has gone forever?

saramoon Wed 15-Jul-09 20:15:41

Funding has gone i think and they don't say anything about next year. It just says no further funding is available for this area. It was made clear to us when we applied that there was a certain amount of money and that when it was gone that was it.

Raise the issue with my MP? Ok, but what would I say?

I just feel really p*ed off because even though we earn about £37000 between us, we have no chance of buying a place. I know that there are more important things, i have a lovely DH and 2 gorgeous DDs and we have jobs and the house we rent, although a bit rough round the edges, is in a lovely area but I can't help feeling that at 36 I'm getting a bit old to be renting.

saramoon Wed 15-Jul-09 20:17:03

I might call them anyway and see what they say about any future funding

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 22:32:48

You've been saved from yourself, sit back and wait and you'll be able to buy in a few years and literally anything you can save, 2p's in a jar will help, honestly I have been in your shoes, the wait will be worthwhile.

saramoon Thu 16-Jul-09 07:36:56

Thanks appleandmosesmummy, will be saving as much as we can. You're not really appleandmosesmummy are you? smile

'You've been saved from yourself'. Do you reckon these schemes aren't worth doing then?

chosenone Fri 17-Jul-09 15:45:47

Same here, in East Midlands though! So I guess the moneys stopped, Im just hoping things will be easier in a few years and mortgages at least a bit easier to get!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now