Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

please help me to find lovely modern sinks for my girls' rooms

(6 Posts)
yogabird Wed 15-Jul-09 08:43:58

We live in 1950's house and are slowly dragging it into the new century. Does anyone know where i can find something lovely but not too expensive to replace the enormous ceramic beasts of things in dd's rooms? They will need to be fairly cheap and simple and i have looked around the obvious places but it's a bit pricey. Any ideas?

Feelingoptimistic Wed 15-Jul-09 16:00:41

Do you really need a sink/basin in a bedroom?What would you use it for? (sorry if I misunderstood your post)

yogabird Wed 15-Jul-09 16:47:02

upstairs there are just 2 rooms , no loo (yet) and there is just one family bathroom downstairs. there is scope to put in an en-suite in one of the rooms up there but it'll be costly and then does one dd get access through sister's bedroom to use it at will? Arguments will ensue I think. We were thinking of doing it to reduce an anticipated pressure on the main bathroom in the teenage years (some way off yet), hmmm that's made me think - but in the meantime, any ideas anyone?

MadameCastafiore Wed 15-Jul-09 16:49:02

Yucky dampness - would steer clear of sinks in bedrooms!

Mamazon Wed 15-Jul-09 16:53:18

i can see what you were thinking but tbh i think it'd just result in wet carpets for years to come.

yogabird Wed 15-Jul-09 18:46:48

mmm thinks it would be cheaper to simply build in a desk and another bookcase. you may be right, anyone done it though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now