Talk

Advanced search

Rubber floor in 1m2 understairs WC

(11 Posts)
navyeyelasH Mon 13-Jul-09 22:33:55

Quick post my keyboard is being odd! Rubber floor only comes in big packs, but I only need 1m2 of it. Any ideas?

navyeyelasH Mon 13-Jul-09 22:34:46

WC child only.... pee everywhere, I work with upto 6 children, not norm 2.4 situation.

AppleandMosesMummy Mon 13-Jul-09 23:22:42

Buy it and sell the spare on ebay, i'd buy your surpluss as no doubt would others who only need a bit.

HerHonesty Tue 14-Jul-09 09:42:49

ebay or ask a supplier if they have any offcuts from old jobs.

BikeRunSki Tue 14-Jul-09 09:47:44

Lino instead?

Or ask for samples. My flatemate at uni retiled our bathroom floor with that studded rubber stuff you get in sports centres on samples alone. He approached several manufacturers, got it all black. Colour matches but the size/spacing of the studs varied a little.

noddyholder Tue 14-Jul-09 09:48:36

ebay.Buy a metre as a sample

hana Tue 14-Jul-09 10:15:59

there is some good lino with raised dimples that looks like a rubber floor - not sure what called, is good tho

ABetaDad Tue 14-Jul-09 10:18:21

You can get paint on rubberised mastic that will seal a concrete or stone floor. They use it in car factories, food factories, slaughter houses, bakeries etc. Very easy to clean.

navyeyelasH Tue 21-Jul-09 19:19:58

Hi all thanks for the replies, my laptop died hence delay - just got a replacement. Was getting the MN withdrawal shakes!

AppleandMosesMummy That is a good idea but it's about £60 a pop I think and I couldn't afford it if no-one bought my leftover if you see what I mean? It's a bit risky?

herhonesty sorry to be dumb, what do you mean by supplier? You mean a shop that stocks it right? Do you think they would have any random off cuts? I might just give that a try, or is it really cheeky?

bikerunski good alternative but I have my heart set on rubber. Might have to give up though! I think I might try and get samples, I wanted the floor to be random primary coloured samples so maybe it could work?

noddy I looked on ebay but could only find one person selling it and I was worried it was some sort of cheap version? Do you have an ebay link?

abetadad Say what on the when now? Rubberised mastic, where would I get that? Our flooring is suspended wooden floorboards so don't think it's a possibility. Although could screed the floor with level compound?

ABetaDad Tue 21-Jul-09 20:53:53

Normally, the mastic would be used on a concrete floor. I dont think you could do it on wooden floorboards but maybe a piece of outdoor plywood, cut exactly to size and then mastic over that to seal the floor but somethig like an offcut of lino/amtico then well sealed around the loo and wall edges would be better on a wooden floor.

Most good DIY stores sell the mastic type sealants though.

navyeyelasH Sun 26-Jul-09 18:13:16

Bugger they are on to my evil plan! Every single sample is cut differently; some are smaller or have rounded edges, different patterns etc.

Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and fork out for a pack sad

Anyone need any rubber flooring offcuts wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now