Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

new kitchen planned- help with layout pls

(5 Posts)
leenasmom Mon 13-Jul-09 13:22:35

we got planning permission to extend our kitchen. the problem is that i have no idea how to design a kitchen layout when the 'new' kitchen space will be 19ft square!!
I dont want to have the kitchen all round but then i dont want to have a lot of empty space'corridor' type to the downstairs bathroom also any ideas how to put up layout on line so you really can get the gist of what it will look like...many thanks

kif Mon 13-Jul-09 13:45:29

ikea have a planner tool, as do Magnet.

randomtask Mon 13-Jul-09 15:16:32

B & Q do one too. I lost my rag with the Ikea one. If you put in the room measurements and shape (my kitchen is square but I only want an 'L' of cupboards) you can choose your cupboards, appliances etc and then 'autofill'. Then you can view it from any angle and it'll give you a shopping list.

It's very good and my 'virtual kitchen' is almost complete. Now I just need to exchange on the house....

leenasmom Mon 13-Jul-09 15:43:35

good luck with that exchange@random...
i like the idea of the auto fill as that is what I need help with as I have no idea where to put appliances...thanks will check out tomorow as dc have arrived from school

HerHonesty Mon 13-Jul-09 15:50:12

quite a good thing to do is go to an expensive kitchen shop and get a plan made up - you dont of course have to use them, but the people who work in them are generally just slightly more clued up then if you go to e.g b and q or do it yourself via e.g ikea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now