Talk

Advanced search

anyone know of a good removal/storage firm in London?

(9 Posts)
HeadFairy Mon 13-Jul-09 12:57:46

We have to be out of our flat in four weeks, and there's going to be about a month between moving out and moving in to our new property so we need a reliable firm who can pack, remove and store all our stuff in that time. We're in SW London, moving to Surrey, can anyone make any recommendations?

london0hull4 Mon 13-Jul-09 13:15:46

I have used Scotts Removals several times both for moving house and storing my stuff between houses. They have always been very professional, helpful and always provided good quality packing materials.

We moved into our current house when DS was 2 weeks old and they even sent someone round beforehand to pack everything for us (at a very reasonable rate).

london0hull4 Mon 13-Jul-09 13:16:16

Sorry, forgot link:
http://www.scottsremovals.co.uk/

technomum Mon 13-Jul-09 13:20:39

Bushells in wandsworth could not have been more helpful - and came in cheapest too when we moved 2.5 years ago. We also got them to come the day before and pack and it was only about £200 more - best £200 spent in the whole process! we did get a quote for storage inbetween as our seller was being a jerk and they can do, but it did nearly double the quote of course.

technomum Mon 13-Jul-09 13:20:46

Bushells in wandsworth could not have been more helpful - and came in cheapest too when we moved 2.5 years ago. We also got them to come the day before and pack and it was only about £200 more - best £200 spent in the whole process! we did get a quote for storage inbetween as our seller was being a jerk and they can do, but it did nearly double the quote of course.

Elibean Mon 13-Jul-09 13:26:03

There are lots on iammoving.com too...can't speak from experience yet, but will use their links to find best quotes from chosen few smile

FenellaFudge Mon 13-Jul-09 13:35:42

I used Greens last year. I'm in the samt sort of area as you.

The price was really good - sorry, I cant remember what it actually cost but by comparison to other quotes they were v. competitive - they were really helpful and didn't bat an eyelid at my constant chopping and changing of arrangements or the fact that I was always needing to add more things to storage (which I used for 4-5 weeks prior to the actual move.

Wrt the actual move, the removal guys absolutely bust a gut, were super quick and ultra professional. It all went very smoothly thanks to them.

bran Mon 13-Jul-09 13:47:45

I used Maitland Bell the last time we moved (about 9 years ago). They were very good and didn't turn a hair when the arrangements kept changing over a period of nearly 2 months (nearly bought in Hampton Wick but in the end moved to near Canary Wharf). For a while it looked as though we would have to put everything in storage for couple of weeks and the quote wasn't too bad for that.

HeadFairy Mon 13-Jul-09 14:20:09

Thanks everyone, I'll get ringing round for some quotes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now