Talk

Advanced search

work I need to finish before selling house - VERY ROUGHLY how long might this take/what cost?

(2 Posts)
hatesponge Wed 08-Jul-09 21:47:50

have reached end of tether with Ex's attempts to finish work on our house, and just want it sold.

I think house will sell if finished (2 slightly smaller than ours nearby have just gone under offer, so am optimistic) but no-one would touch it as it is, as I doubt it is mortgageable.

Work required is:

Build set of external stairs - about 5-6 steps (one set of doors to house currently cant be used absent these!)
4 rooms to be plastered (skimmed) - walls and ceilings - each room about 10' x 12'
2 bathrooms to be tiled/fittings plumbed in (already have all fittings and tiles)
utility room fitted out
(cheap) carpet in the above 4 rooms, plus stairs and landing, ditto curtains etc
joinery - skirting & door frames fitted in 6 rooms, and 14 internal doors to be fitted/hung.

whole house needs redecorating as well but i can probably do this myself/with friends - just about!

I wil spend whatever it takes (tbh I dont have much choice), but timescale is more of a concern as now ive decided - and in our area things SEEM to be picking up, i want to get it done asap!

kitsmummy Thu 09-Jul-09 10:10:51

I think about £6,500. broken down as follows:

Plastering £1000
Carpets etc £1500
Bathrooms £2000
Joinery £1000
Stairs £500 (that's a total guess)
Utility room £500 (a guess too, as I don't know what you want to do to it)

We've had a lot of work done in Bristol and I think those prices would be roughly right in this area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now