Talk

Advanced search

Anybody know how my loft ladder might work?

(7 Posts)
crokky Sun 05-Jul-09 19:57:45

I've just had a loft ladder put in - there wasn't one before and it was a PITA to keep taking a ladder upstairs.

Anyway I can't get the stupid ladder down - I have a sliver pole with a large white hook on the end (on the outside of the hook there are 2 knobs). I have tried hooking the pole onto the nearest rungs of the ladder and pulling, but it won't come. The ladder feels like it might be in some sort of clip. But I can't see anything and have no clue what I am looking for.

Any ideas??? Can anyone help? Please????? This was supposed to make things easier angry. The bloke did show me how to do it, but it was a bad moment with baby and toddler and I coudln't really pay enough attention.

missmapp Sun 05-Jul-09 19:59:49

our ladder has two clips on the side, you have to push the ladder up slightly to release it from the clips and then use the pole to take it down fully, ours is an old ladder though, so not sure if that will help!

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 20:01:45

yeah we have to push ours up to release, and then pull it down

crokky Sun 05-Jul-09 20:02:07

I will try that, thanks missmapp.

Unfortunately the guy didn't leave any instructions and I can't see a brand. I feel a bit useless really!

crokky Sun 05-Jul-09 20:13:34

I have tried pushing up, hasn't worked grrrr. Anyone got one that operates differently?

MrsBadger Sun 05-Jul-09 20:17:49

ours you had to hook the hook through the hole (not just over a rung) and heave like buggery

brute force?

stand on a chair and have a closer look?

do the knobs on the hook fit somewhere else, into a catch or something?

crokky Sun 05-Jul-09 20:37:29

I'm going to look for a hole once I have got DS to sleeep. DD is nearly asleep! I have yanked it quite hard (I am 6ft and strong) so I don't want to break it off totally grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now