Talk

Advanced search

Conservatories!! How big, how much, how long etc etc

(9 Posts)
mosschops30 Wed 01-Jul-09 11:53:03

We live in a 3 bed link detached, we cannot afford to risk moving, so are thinking about a conservatory just so we have some space for toys/computers etc, and two of the kids will share a bedroom.
We have a relatively small mortgage at the moment so this seems like the most sensible option and we have enough room at the back for a conservatory and still have a decent sized garden.

Can anyone give me any idea of how much a conservatory will be, it will be the full length of the house (which isnt massive) and out the width of our patio. I know this is a bit random but just wondering what we might be looking at adding to the mortgage, with conservatory, doors, blinds and sorting the garden.

Any advice no matter how vague would be great smile

mosschops30 Wed 01-Jul-09 15:34:37

bump, surely someone has had one in the last year or so?

abdnhiker Thu 02-Jul-09 21:17:34

I haven't had one but we're thinking of the same thing so I'd be interested in replies!

mosschops30 Thu 02-Jul-09 21:29:47

i phoned a recommended company today, they are getting their site guy to ring me back so he can come out and quote. Quite excited now, keep looking at website and imagining nice conservatory (full of toys and shite) on the back of my house!

iamtrufflepig Thu 02-Jul-09 21:31:01

We had one built 3 years ago. It is 3 metres by 4 metres. It cost us £10,000 for the building and about £1,000 for all furnishings. Just a word of warning we don't keep our computer out there as we told that the fluctuating temperature isn't good for them and to be honest it can very hot in summer and very cold in winter. I do love having it though.

Monkeyandbooba Thu 02-Jul-09 21:33:05

I'm having one done at mo that is 5.5 x 3.4m and it is costing 15k. Includes tearing down an existing outhouse, building, redecoration and electrics etc.

mosschops30 Thu 02-Jul-09 21:39:52

Sounds good, was hoping to add about 10k to mortgage and we dont want anything massive and fancy, its just to give us some space to put the kids stuff in there, good tip about the computer thanks. Might leave it out there anyway as is old and crap. Can we put stuff like wii and playstations out there?

Jojay Thu 02-Jul-09 21:46:00

Ours is about 3.5 m square and was about £10K.

Our computer is in there and is fine. It has been blardy boiling (about 40 degrees) the last few days though, so I wouldn't leave it switched on in those temps. No probs in the freezing temps this winter either.

Best £10k we ever spent smile

iamtrufflepig Thu 02-Jul-09 21:57:39

We have had playstation and wii out there with no problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now