Talk

Advanced search

Power jet washers to clean patio -are they easy to use ?

(7 Posts)
CaptainUnderpants Sun 28-Jun-09 14:55:41

Been on to Dh to power clean the patio - 'yeah I'll sort it next weekend etc etc ' is the usual answer. Next weekend comes and goes , so I am going to hire one myself and do it myself !
- you know the saying ' if you want a job done '.

So before I make a right prat of myself and waste the hire money - are they easy to operate ? any tips ?

thanks

smile

HaventSleptForAYear Sun 28-Jun-09 15:05:16

Just do it yourself.

Have a look online for instructions (if you really think you need any) or ask in the place you hire from if they have any tips.

The one we have is just a high pressure hosepipe - just check about how much cleaning product to put in etc.

ABetaDad Sun 28-Jun-09 16:17:02

Don't rent one, just buy one for him as a present from B&Q. Not too expensive and hours of fun - then he has no excuses if it is sat in the garage and he can do the patio regularly at the same time as he is doing the car. wink

Very satisfying and therapeutic is jet washing. I used to do it as a job in Turkey/Chicken sheds before University.

CaptainUnderpants Sun 28-Jun-09 16:45:50

Thanks , I think I will rent one this year , see how I get on and then perhaps next yera get him one for Father's Day !

Seabright Sun 28-Jun-09 16:46:36

Definatly buy one & then don't let him near it - they are brilliant! I go around looking for stuff that I can use ours on blush

ABetaDad Sun 28-Jun-09 17:10:24

Very good for terminating weeds such as dandelions too.

Fizzylemonade Tue 30-Jun-09 16:46:23

I heart my karcher, half price from tesco direct £80 (2 weeks ago) and came with the patio cleaning bit (T300) you can look on youtube as people have filmed themselves cleaning with them shock

We cleaned all our patio and drive, make sure you are in wellies and wearing stuff that is going to go straight into the wash, bit of a dirty job. And eye protection if you are going to blast the weeds grin

I cleaned my spider webbed garden chairs and bench.

It is very easy to use, connect hose pipe to karcher, plug karcher in, turn it on and off you go.

<fizzy wanders off wondering what else she can clean with it>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now