Talk

Advanced search

ABETADAD!!!

(1 Post)
MrsMerryHenry Sun 28-Jun-09 13:27:44

Are you around today? I need your expert advice on renting!

We've just moved into our new house and we need to chat with our landlord about a few things...one of which is (you probably won't be surprised by this) that he had agreed to repaint the house...but didn't.

When we viewed it, it looked rather grubby - the paint on the walls, etc, had the usual general grubby marks of life. We asked through the est agent for them to repaint, which they agreed to. They didn't, but they must have cleaned off the grubby bits as the paint looks fine now (except for old, dusty cobwebs - bit of a giveaway that it's not been painted, eh?).

I now realise that we should probably have had that request agreed in writing, however since it looks fine I'm happy with the condition of the house, but not happy to have been taken for granted like that. Do you think it's worth raising the issue? I always think it's better to raise these things, even briefly, as a way of setting an appropriate tone for the future otherwise people can end up thinking they can take the p*ss in future.

What do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now