Talk

Advanced search

Can I show off my new kitchen?

(52 Posts)
MumHadEnough Thu 25-Jun-09 00:03:12

blush Dh has made such a good job of it, he's done every bit by himself and I am so so proud of it.

here here and here
Not to everyone's taste but I LOVE it and the pics don't really do it any justice.

Please ignore the mess out the patio doors, it was an extension and the garden is still like a building site!

blithedance Thu 25-Jun-09 00:07:16

WOW!

QuintessentialShadow Thu 25-Jun-09 00:09:53

Stunning! Love the tiles, the tap, the black high gloss. Fab kitchen.

babyOcho Thu 25-Jun-09 00:10:51

looks amazing

hambler Thu 25-Jun-09 00:11:26

STUNNING!
where did you get the units? They are similar to the ones I nearly ordered from MFI before it went bust

TheDevilWearsSocksWithSandals Thu 25-Jun-09 00:11:56

Oh it's lovely!

I'm very impressed your DH did it all

MumHadEnough Thu 25-Jun-09 00:13:55

Thank you! blush I am so proud of it and him, as he's a panelbeater although a very adept diy'er (although I designed it so am claiming some credit, lol).

The units are from Homebase although I won't give them a single penny of my money ever again after the amount of problems we had with them trying to get bits and the amount of mistakes they made. Hambler I almost ordered the black space kitchen from MFI too, the day before they went bust shock. This range is called Torino.

MatNanPlus Thu 25-Jun-09 00:14:24

Beautiful.

hambler Thu 25-Jun-09 00:20:22

you and me both! it was literally the week thy went bust I was set to order the space kitchen but the staff were dreadful - no help at all- gave me a bad vibe so i did not bother.

Are the units quite robust?
What was the prob with Homebase?

jeanjeannie Thu 25-Jun-09 10:36:24

OOooooo, very nice. Love black - so slick! Your DH has done a fab job - oh and the design imput clearly shows through too wink Am very envy

MumHadEnough Thu 25-Jun-09 11:57:48

Message withdrawn

GooseyLoosey Thu 25-Jun-09 11:59:05

LOvely - well done your dh!

undertheduvet Thu 25-Jun-09 12:13:06

Mumhadenough

Your kitchen looks great, your DH must be proud of his handiwork, and lucky you having a handy DH

We have also had loads of problems with homebase but with a bathroom. I will never darken their doors again! Currently we are waiting for our money back from an order we had to cancel due to their cock ups, needless to say they are as slow to refund as they are to deliver. I need to write a letter to head office as well, but has been sidelinded due to personal circumstances this last few weeks but am getting on the case asap

LadyPinkofPinkerton Thu 25-Jun-09 12:24:29

Fabulous. I wouldn't ever pick black for me but its absolutely gorgeous. Love the tiles

whereeverIlaymyhat Thu 25-Jun-09 19:21:31

We had a similar problem with a bathroom, wrote and complained and got £350 compensation so might be worth a letter OP

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 25-Jun-09 19:25:33

oo thats looks lovely - are those the cook and forth designer units liek in b and q? he has done a great job.

bubblerock Thu 25-Jun-09 19:25:42

It's gorgeous - wish I had a new kitchen!! envy

TitsalinaBumsquash Thu 25-Jun-09 19:27:26

envy envy

Its stunning, i would do a lot of things to have a Kitchen like that........... grin

morethanyoubargainfor Thu 25-Jun-09 19:44:50

thats lovely, i love the tiles and the lights you have used.

I also have to confess i ended up looking at all the other photos to, (sorry 'bout that!) an di love the Ben10 Bedroom, did you DH do that as well? are the figures painted or aare they stick aropunds?

hambler Thu 25-Jun-09 20:38:13

wow!! That is a comprehensive email.
Customer service in some places is terrible is it not.

I had similar problems with Bathstore. Lovely products, but customer service makes me unlikely ever to use them again

MumHadEnough Thu 25-Jun-09 22:03:33

Oh wow, didn't realise you could see the other pics, lol. The murals on the ben 10 room are hand painted. They are done by a woman who has a website mums murals. They are painted onto lining paper and then pasted onto the wall.

Thanks for all the compliments, dh is very chuffed.

The post about Homebase is a compilation of my notes and two emails to the manager. I have now put them into a properly worded letter which is getting sent recorded delivery tomorrow to the regional manager. angry

Here's a couple of pics of our bathroom and cloaks that he did too. The first ones are just before he finished grouting it. (Yeah I'm just showing off now) grin

Bathroom 1 Bathroom 2 Bathroom 3

cloaks 1 cloaks 2

hambler Thu 25-Jun-09 22:23:49

WOW!!!!

navyeyelasH Thu 25-Jun-09 22:37:02

ohh what georgus pictures; I hope mine looks something like that in the next 6 weeks or else I'm going to go mad!

navyeyelasH Thu 25-Jun-09 22:39:18

oh and random question but how big is the gap between your units??

TinyPawz Thu 25-Jun-09 22:44:30

How difficult do you think it would be to clone your DP?hmm

They are all fabulous.....so jealous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now