Talk

Advanced search

Any plumbers out there? Very roughly, how much would it cost to fit...

(9 Posts)
FatGirlThin Tue 23-Jun-09 22:03:14

2 bathrooms (toilet, basin, shower + enclosure)
1 downstairs toilet (toilet and basin)

Thanks
smile

FatGirlThin Wed 24-Jun-09 16:56:34

shameless bump.

HerHonesty Wed 24-Jun-09 18:27:39

well we had a bathroom recently redone at £3k (very big job, we moved everything round replastered all walls, etc etc) and our downstairs toilet for £400 (new sink, toilet, tiling, painting etc.

when we moved in sept 2008 we did the other bathroom and i seem to recal it was £1600 but we did like for like.

these figures are without fixtures and fittings.

FatGirlThin Wed 24-Jun-09 21:36:43

Ah right (gulp!) thanks.

IlanaK Wed 24-Jun-09 21:51:48

We had two bathrooms recently completely re-fitted including redoing walls. I think they were £3000 each without fittings.

DaisymooSteiner Wed 24-Jun-09 21:59:05

Our plumber recently quoted us £600 to fit new bath, sink, toilet, bath screen, shower and pump and new radiator.

IlanaK Wed 24-Jun-09 22:02:16

I think the question is how much work needs to be done? If you are just changing the toilet, sink, bath but they are all going to be in the same location, it is not expensive. If you are moving walls, plumbing etc around, fitting new tiling, then it is going to be expensive. To give you an extreme - we are looking at buying a place with no upstairs bathroom. On talking to our (trusted) plumber, it would cost us about £20,000 to put one in as structural walls would need moving and the entire upstairs floor level woudl need to be raised to allow for the pipe work.

FatGirlThin Thu 25-Jun-09 09:34:29

Sorry, should have explained the plumbing will be done, it's just the fitting of a new toilet, basin etc

HerHonesty Thu 25-Jun-09 18:00:00

again, depends on tiling - both taking off and putting back on... sorry it is a bit of a how long is a piece of string question but i reckon your minimum will be daisy's £600

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now