Advanced search

Any Plumbers out there I have a toilet question!

(5 Posts)
dontdillydally Tue 23-Jun-09 17:54:27

I need a new toilet for my downstairs one. husband come to a standstill - always a problem to stop the DIY.

Our toilet pipe goes into the floor, all the toilets on web go out through the wall.

Surely you can get a bendy type pipe to overcome this?

Or where can I buy a cheap but stylish modern looking basin and toilet

HerHonesty Tue 23-Jun-09 18:08:10

erm are you sure you have looked properly, i have three toilets, they all go through the floor, and having moved and renovated several properties, i have never seen one go through the wall?

HerHonesty Tue 23-Jun-09 18:09:35

like this one: C-Set#

Fizzylemonade Tue 23-Jun-09 18:29:58

Toilets come with P or S traps so one goes through the wall behind and the other goes through the floor.

We had a toilet on one wall and the soil pipe was on the wall next to it to the side!

You can buy them from screwfix and B&Q a flexible soil pipe connector so that it can bend in any direction and costs about £11, there are solid ones that concertina that allow you to shorten or lengthen the pipe, you want the one that bends in all directions.


HerHonesty Tue 23-Jun-09 18:46:06

aha i stand corrected. but my point is, you can buy toilets without having to buy a flexible pipe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: