Talk

Advanced search

Am I stupid to paint my bathroom in Farrow and Ball?

(11 Posts)
navyeyelasH Tue 23-Jun-09 15:21:33

Would use modern emulsion, colour is pointing and it is such a perfect colour to go with the tiles etc.

But I have read reviews that F&B are not so good for bathrooms? We have an extractor in the bathroom and often shower with the door wide open!

TheBolter Tue 23-Jun-09 15:23:49

We've used F&B in both our bathrooms and our kitchen with no problems, (modern emulsion).

stillstanding Tue 23-Jun-09 15:29:02

Us too. No problems.

Does the water go on the walls when you shower with the door open?

navyeyelasH Tue 23-Jun-09 16:17:27

All the bits of the bathroom where water touches the wall have tiles - it's more the steamyness of the room TBH.

Good news that you've had no probs think I'll order it then!

kitsmummy Tue 23-Jun-09 16:51:19

We've used estate emulsion, have no extractor fan but often have window open for shower and it's been fine

stillstanding Tue 23-Jun-09 17:14:41

Go for it - I love F&B!

navyeyelasH Tue 23-Jun-09 17:16:34

Right I'm going to order it then! What paint do I need for wood work in bathroom? I know gloss but they have a few different ones!

Only woodwork is door frame. Can I just use dulux white gloss? Ceiling is white too.

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 23-Jun-09 17:21:19

F & B recommend their own undercoats, is that what you mean?

ingles2 Tue 23-Jun-09 17:24:09

we have F&B in our bathroom.. It's been fine except in the shower cubicle where dh takes great delight in peeling it off in great big strips... but it's not modern emulsion and it was good for about 3 yrs.

fatjac Wed 24-Jun-09 09:42:03

I would use F&B eggshell on paintwork.

thefortbuilder Wed 24-Jun-09 09:43:55

we always colour match our F&B for more hardwearing paints but F&B colours are definitely my favourites too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now