Talk

Advanced search

Living in Blackheath

(6 Posts)
momfrombrooklyn Sun 21-Jun-09 22:11:09

So, it appears that most people suggest living in Blackheath/Greenwich. Sounds like we'll be moving there in July. I have a 2.6 yr old daughter and a 8 month old son. Can anyone suggest some activities we can do (other than Greenwich park). Or is anyone interested in meeting a new mom in the area.

Thanks!

mamaeyes Mon 22-Jun-09 19:56:52

Just posted on your other thread. Have a look at Manor House Gardens. Lovely playgroup at St. Lukes on a Thursday morning. Monkey Music in Blackheath Village on most days. Blackheath Conservatoire for arty things and music things. You'll love it!

TheDevilWearsSocksWithSandals Tue 23-Jun-09 12:40:53

annabeldonaghey@hotmail.com

Hi I live in North London but my best friend lives in the Maze Hill area of Greenwich, I can put you in touch if you like.

glitterkitty Mon 13-Jul-09 13:55:38

Hi mom

We are in Greenwich- I have a 2.5yr old son. The arches leisure centre is good for kids, has huge soft play area, on twice a day, and a reasonable pool. Also maratime museum in greenwich for running space on wet days.

No playgroups till after the school holidays finish (early Sept) though I'm afraid!

Best tip is to look on netmums site for local listings... shows all playgroups, libraries, activities etc in greenwich. I use it a lot for planning.

Just dont venture onto the chat pages! grin

Good luck with the move!

momfrombrooklyn Wed 15-Jul-09 11:42:39

Hi Glitterkitty,

Thanks for the tips, we have moved in and are getting settled. I hope to check out the Leisure Center this week.

cheers!

cyteen Wed 15-Jul-09 11:49:20

Can I just say how jealous I am of you all? I'm from Blackheath and miss it terribly...I grew up over the road from the heath/at the end of the road from Greenwich Park and it was just the best place to be a kid.

momfrombrooklyn, I hope you like it there as much as I did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now