Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can't face trawling the million websites there seem to be for houses for sale so which is the best one?

(28 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 20-Jun-09 18:21:40

On a separate issue I need to keep an eye on one area for when a house comes for sale - what is the best way to do that too please?

TIA.

slackrunner Sat 20-Jun-09 18:48:47

Rightmove IMO

Heated Sat 20-Jun-09 18:50:31

rightmove and primelocation

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 20-Jun-09 18:53:05

Thank you

Just have to find a house and then persuade DH it is a good time to move.

bluebump Sat 20-Jun-09 18:53:21

Deffo Rightmove, I love that website.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 20-Jun-09 19:03:43

found a house

really liked it

want to view it

dh vetoed it

i can't tell you how unhappy i am living here

Heated Sat 20-Jun-09 19:04:13

why did dh veto?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 20-Jun-09 19:05:26

the garden is smaller than the one we have now

Heated Sat 20-Jun-09 19:10:11

Primelocation email as soon as a house comes on to the market, I like their search engine - and rightmove do as well, I think.

Small garden wouldn't put me off as long as it wasn't overlooked. Does dh want to move?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 20-Jun-09 19:13:52

Yes, but not right now.

I have been wanting to move for years.

QuintessentialShadow Sat 20-Jun-09 19:16:52

Findaproperty is also good

namechangersad Sat 20-Jun-09 19:26:28

There are also globrix and nestoria.

SamVimesIsMyHero Sat 20-Jun-09 19:39:24

As someone who has been searching for almost a year let me tell you...

a) rightmove and primelocation are the best

b) you should register with property bee
this is a fantastic site that once you are registered lets you see a property's history on rightmove...as they say..

* When the property was put on the market
* Price changes (up and down) since the property was listed
* Whether the property has gone STC and come back onto the market
* Any changes to the details since the property was listed

Very useful! I highly recommend it.
Good luck smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 20-Jun-09 20:19:57

just have to convince dh

i am convinced if i find the absolute perfect house he will agree to move

SamVimesIsMyHero Sat 20-Jun-09 20:55:43

Well done! Let the hunt begin <cackles> grin

Heated Sat 20-Jun-09 20:58:24

Love looking at houses! Let us know if we can help.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 20-Jun-09 21:08:19

ideally in or near ashford but in 2-3 years he might leave that job so i don't know
just know i hate living here

Heated Sat 20-Jun-09 21:17:28

What about one of the nicer villages like Shaddoxhurst? Or further up the road towards Maidstone?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 21-Jun-09 07:01:46

We live about 15 minutes away from Maidstone now though hadn't thought about moving but staying within the area.

Never heard of Shaddoxhurst, will check it out.

Probably not the best day to be thinking about it as feeling really low today and I so want to move.

Heated Sun 21-Jun-09 14:57:01

Shadoxhurst it might be spelt,can never remember. Not living in a nice area can be emotionally very draining. We once lived in a very rough area of Leeds but knew it was only temporary but it was very hard for our lovely neighbours who eventually moved - only 4 minutes away by car but a whole world of difference. Do you want us to start looking? Budget?smile

Heated Sun 21-Jun-09 14:59:17

Maidstone is very good for retail therapy & just that bit closer to Bluewatersmile although maybe chuntering back and forth up the motorway might not suit dh workwise. Imo Maidstone is much, much nicer than Ashford.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 21-Jun-09 16:48:21

The area we live in is very nice. We have a big house, massive garden, lots of greenery. Just no friends sad and once DH told me it wasn't our forever house I had packed in my head.

Last time he kept looking at houses for sale I got all excited about moving (wasn't happy there either hmm) and finally said to him to either stop it or let's move. 2 months later we were here. shock

Not so easy this time...

Thinking about it and looking for houses just upsets me as DH says no to them all.

Heated Sun 21-Jun-09 22:49:42

I understand this, I think. We moved from a place near your neck of the woods, where we were really settled, to a part of the country where we thought we wouldn't spend more than a few years, working out of the immediate area so none of our friends were local, nor really did we do much to the house. Roll on 7 years later, married, had dcs & have been forced to re-evaluate plans and change mental attitude!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 22-Jun-09 12:37:05

I am never going to be happy here and just long for the day we can move. Nowhere has ever felt home except the flat I bought myself when I was 23.

Fizzylemonade Mon 22-Jun-09 15:28:59

I always think you need to reassess every few years and if that means moving then do.

It must be very hard when your DH vetoes every house choice.

Is he giving valid reasons or do you think he is just trying to make you stay put?

Can't help you re location as I am in West Yorkshire, so that would be a very long commute grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now