Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know what the heck is up with the Cotswold Company?

(11 Posts)
HeadFairy Fri 19-Jun-09 18:57:21

Are they going bust? Everything on their website is sold out. I wanted to buy one of their lovely sideboards, but there's nothing left. Surely they can't have absolutely no stock left?

annh Fri 19-Jun-09 19:09:18

Yup, their parent company, who also own Letterbox, announced they were closing both companies down a few months ago.

HeadFairy Fri 19-Jun-09 19:11:40

Bugger! You don't know where I can get a sideboard like this?

VinoEsmeralda Fri 19-Jun-09 19:14:32

Big bugger, moving shortly and had quite a few things down from them sad

Headfairy - Cargo sometimes do similar sideboards

HeadFairy Fri 19-Jun-09 19:16:33

ooh good tip thanks vino...

catinthehat2 Fri 19-Jun-09 20:14:20

john Lewis Elton range has similar pieces with whitish sides and baskety drawers. This isn't the price I'm thinking of, but I have something pretty similar to the CC item in JL.

catinthehat2 Fri 19-Jun-09 20:15:08

price would be PIECE

Babbity Fri 19-Jun-09 20:18:12

Oh what a shame. Their customer service was fecking awful though. It took me three months to get a couple of chests of drawers delivered last year.

DeborahBorr Fri 19-Jun-09 20:18:50

Their stuff is a bit crap though, if that makes you feel any better. We bought a bed and a wardrobe and both have been pretty shoddy quality - looked great on website. They were way overpriced.

annh Fri 19-Jun-09 20:42:05

Try here. This site was mentioned on MSE several times. I know nothing about their delivery times or anything else but they do have a range of COtswold stuff. There used to be much more including exactly what you were looking for but I guess it's sold out.

HeadFairy Sat 20-Jun-09 09:58:43

Annh, that site is great, thanks for that... great bargains and i don't even mind if they're seconds, lets face it with a toddler about they'll be bashed to bits in no time anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now