Talk

Advanced search

When you moved house, did you.....

(8 Posts)
HeadFairy Fri 19-Jun-09 14:57:23

... take your curtains with you?

I filled out my sellers questionnaire for the solicitors ages ago and I put down that the curtains in my bedroom and the living room weren't included in the price. The ones in my bedroom were nearly £1000 and the two pairs in the living room were a similar price.

I didn't know it then, but the chap who's buying my place is going to completely redecorate, so I don't feel too much of a meanie taking the curtains. So my question is, if you're taking the curtains, do you take the curtain poles too?

AMumInScotland Fri 19-Jun-09 15:02:14

I took the curtains but left the poles - I think that's fairly normal? Even if he plans to redecorate, he'll need some privacy until he gets it done and he can put something up temporarily.

HeadFairy Fri 19-Jun-09 15:04:07

I thought so, I'll have to buy some curtain poles before we move then so I can whack them up as soon as we move in... cannot stand a chink of daylight in my bedroom in the morning (hence very expensive, decent blackout curtains - which fit new windows, I've checked!)

posieparker Fri 19-Jun-09 15:05:50

You have to be clear, anything is for the taking...unless it's fixtures and fittings. I paid £1200 for my poles (my bedroom and lounge) and so I'd take them.

heavenstobetsy Fri 19-Jun-09 15:08:07

you need to look carefully at your sellers questionnaire cos there's a seperate question for curtain poles

HeadFairy Fri 19-Jun-09 15:21:48

Oh I didn't realise that heavens, I'll have to check again. I thought curtains and carpets meant just that, not the bits that hold up the curtains etc......

LIZS Sat 20-Jun-09 11:05:49

Most yes , because we knew it was going to be fully redecorated as a rental and they would n't want them. Left the poles/track. Also consider light fittings and shades

Flibbertyjibbet Sat 20-Jun-09 11:20:18

Yes you get a very detailed sellers questionnaire these days, there will be space for curtains, poles, etc.

Iirc it even list lightbulbs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now