Talk

Advanced search

I'm thinking of extending .........Am I mad?

(8 Posts)
Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Tue 16-Jun-09 16:41:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 16-Jun-09 16:42:41

Yes

Yes, thinking about another now

Yes

good luck, its hard amidst all the dust and chaos but when its done and decorated and you've got all that lovely space to move into it is well worth it.

chimchar Tue 16-Jun-09 17:47:39

i'm nearly three weeks in and its bloody hard going!

will be worth it in the end, but it is hard, its dirty, chaotic, have men in my house all the time (hmm]grin!), constantly doing something when all i want to do is have a uiet relaxed evening.... kids can't play outside etc..i could go on, but it WILL BE LOVELY WHEN ITS DONE!!!!!!! [weary]

Itsjustafleshwound Tue 16-Jun-09 18:07:57

Yes

Yes - when we have the cash

Yes - once the mess has gone and all has been moved, you wonder how you ever lived without the extension .

Good luck!!

EccentricaGallumbits Tue 16-Jun-09 18:09:41

Yes you are insane.

I would never ever ever ever go through the pain and hasstle of extending ever again.

It was hideous.

I would rather move.

Don't do it.

lalalonglegs Tue 16-Jun-09 21:08:15

It's not nearly as bad as trying to sell, trying to buy, getting through conveyancing, uprooting everyone, paying tens of thousands in stamp duty and then finding out the new neighbours are nutters. Extend - it's horrible but it doesn't last forever and it's cheaper than moving.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Wed 17-Jun-09 08:49:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ruthiebabes Thu 18-Jun-09 21:34:50

YES YES

At the time you think 'this is a nightmare',
but after it is all over you think 'it wasnt really that bad'. Well I did anyway.

I love my new kitchen/diner... it was well worth the upheaval.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now