Talk

Advanced search

websites/catalogues/ideas for decoratimg toddler boys rooms including blinds

(16 Posts)
stressed2007 Tue 16-Jun-09 11:04:45

We are about to decorate my toddler sons room and I was looking for somewhere with ideas on how to do this - I am keen to make it boyish but not something extreme - for example say a jungle theme with green/orange furniture which he might want to change in 2 years time. So I am looking for ideas.

He is going to have a lot of white (currently yellow) fitted furniture in his room.

I also have to have roman blinds in the room as there is no room for curtains and I don't just want say a piece of plain blue fabric so was also lookig for ideas for this. Any clever thoughts ladies? Thanks very much

DrEvil Tue 16-Jun-09 11:12:37

Have you had a look at gltc.co.uk and urchin.co.uk (don't know if this one is still around)? Or Laura Ashley do nice boys things I think.

My boys share (2 and 4) and we have a navy carpet, White walls with rocket stickarounds, gltc navy and red and White striped curtains, navy blackout blind and pine flexa furniture. They each have 1 rocket set of bedding and 1 set of navy and red gingham too.

There are a few rocket/ space theme accessories but the basic décor could easily suit lots of things as they grow older.

I think I saw jungle bits in Laura Ashey or John Lewis...

stressed2007 Wed 17-Jun-09 06:57:00

bumping for some more posts - I was hoping for a deluge of replies

PistachioLemon Wed 17-Jun-09 07:10:48

funky little darlings

Fizzylemonade Wed 17-Jun-09 07:57:22

Next do some great rooms, my ds2 is now 3 but has their digger room

here

BUT, he has painted walls, navy carpet and navy curtains so the only things from Next are the things that are easy for me to change in a year or two.

He has the duvet cover, the light, a border on one wall (away from the bed so if he picks at it at night it isn't ruined) then he has stickers on the other walls used in a row like a border. They are removable and I have used them before so they come off really easily when it is time to change.

Ds1 has another bed set from Next, he has curtains (they do roman blinds) bed set, light and stickers. It's themed without being over the top IMO!

All their furniture is just plain so no repainting of that.

stressed2007 Wed 17-Jun-09 10:19:05

plain navy curtains?

because I need to get blinds (they are navy and broken ones now) I thought that just getting plain navy again would be a bit dull as it just looks like a navy square when it is down

fanjolina Wed 17-Jun-09 10:24:54

Kidzdens do lots of good themed stuff. You might have to look elsewhere for blinds though. Maybe somewhere like babyface?

Fizzylemonade Wed 17-Jun-09 10:49:58

Next do a themed roman blind

here

My son has navy curtains as they match in with the duvet cover and I made them a few years ago and I lined them in blackout lining so I wasn't prepared to replace them. Worked out really well.

buktus Wed 17-Jun-09 10:56:57

vertbaudet do a jungle theme and its all yellow//greens etc

Sunshinemummy Wed 17-Jun-09 11:05:26

I like the accessories from A-Space but they don't have any jungle themed stuff.

Cath Kidston has nice wallpaper and fabric.

Also Harlequin for wallpaper and fabric.

Brume do great wall stickers - not cheap though.

DS's (3) room is a real mix of things including Cath Kidston's footballer wallpaper, Habitat's Buzz Aldrin moon light, a star rug from A-Space, a blanket from A-Space, Gingham curtains from GLTC (the only ones that I could find ready-made that would fit his window), lots of funky pics and objects.

buktus Wed 17-Jun-09 11:11:01

book shelf
stickers
pictures
lampshade
rug
blind

stressed2007 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:51:31

what is all the love of jungles? I think my original post might have read incorrectly - I said I did n't want anythong too extreme like a jungle. To be fair it would be ok bar fact white furnitire and blue carpets at the mo I like the idea some of you have done of keeping room plainish and then to accessorise.

buktus Wed 17-Jun-09 13:49:59

you didnt state it very clearly

stressed2007 Wed 17-Jun-09 17:06:40

yes on re reading the post I thought it could be read either way hence my last post. Thought(correctly) I had made it confusing.

Have had lots of helpful suggestions though which is great.

Sunshinemummy Thu 18-Jun-09 12:08:37

Yes DS only has the wallpaper on the chimney breast and the rest of the room is painted milk white so his accessories stand out.

jen0385 Mon 29-Jun-09 22:46:24

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now