Talk

Advanced search

The building inspector is here...

(5 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Mon 15-Jun-09 15:03:35

fingers crossed for us there are no anomolies in the current state of affairs up in our loft. Builder sure its ok, but still it is nerve wracking!

jeanjeannie Mon 15-Jun-09 15:29:25

Good luck!

PavlovtheCat Mon 15-Jun-09 15:41:02

grin lol.

He was telling the boys off about the re-enforcements on the wooden slats on the roof not being strong enough/deep enough for the insulation, then the boss came along, and told him what was what, and he said 'ok then I am happy with that for now'.

And off he toddled.

Builder said he is a bully, likes a bit of a power trip when he gets the boys on their own, but backs down when the boss builders arrive. Nice!

Anyway, least its ok, for now. Shame the steels were not in, would be good to get them signed off. They are not being put in until tomorrow.

jeanjeannie Mon 15-Jun-09 16:14:44

Hope the steels go well.

When DP did up our house the building inspector just turned up one day...walked straight into the house, bold as brass frightening the living daylights out of us shock It was only when he looked around and then looked at us...and said "I'm in the wrong house aren't I? This isn't council property is it!" We suggested he knocked next time and off he went to the council house 4 doors down that was undergoing some major structural work. He did say, through his red face, that DP's straping on the steel beams was the best he'd ever seen!!

PavlovtheCat Mon 15-Jun-09 16:34:04

Oh shame he can't come around and do ours, save us a bit of money grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now